Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Wow, it has three days since I have written. I think I’m getting my life cluttered. But in all honesty, I have been playing “catch-up” since we got home from our vacation. We haven’t been home quite a week yet and it seems we have been on the run ever since we came home. With this being Thanksgiving week, it will be just as hectic.

Yesterday we had the funeral for one of our parishioners and then the funeral meal afterwards. It all went very nicely and there was a large crowd at the funeral. Betty came from a large family and then she and her husband had six children so it figures that the church would be fairly full. And she was a really sweet lady.

I bought a new bird feeder yesterday. I think Ms. Kate and I have decided that it will be our Christmas present to one another this year since we spent $400.00 on it. I know that sounds really extravagant and it is but it is a really neat feeder. Now I have to go buy a 4x4 post and some “quickcrete” to mount it. It s going to hold a lot of birdseed. I bought a baffle to go under it to keep the squirrels and the raccoons from climbing the post. The weather is supposed to be somewhat nice the next couple of days so maybe I can get it put in.

This morning I’m waiting on a plumber. We got our water bill yesterday and was shocked to see how much we owed. We noticed in Sept and Oct bills that our “use rate was up and couldn’t figure out why. This month it really jumped so I called the water department. The lady had the ability to dial right into my water meter and she said yes, you hav a problem somewhere. She suggested that I probably had a “silent leak” in one of my toilets and told me to pour some food coloring into the tanks of the toilets and if after a couple of hours the water in the tank was clear, that would indicate that I had a leak. Well I did that and found that one of the toilets indeed did have a “silent leak”. It never quite filled up and if you put your ear up to the tank you barely hear it running. So, that thing was running water all the time. I’m not a plumber and can’t get down to do such things, so, we are waiting for a call from Bud’s plumbing to let us know when they will be out.

Julie and the pups will be over this evening and they will stay until Saturday. Jim has to work tomorrow yet so he will either be here Wednesday night or Thursday morning. At some point today, we hve to go grocery shopping for the stuff for Thanksgiving meal.

It is a cold and damp morning and it really looks like it could snow but it isn’t suppose to. But it make for a dreary day as I watch my cardinals and woodpeckers and wrens out here. BUt the squirrels are having a lot of fun this morning and are playing chase all of the yard and up and down the trees. t’s a lot of fun to watch.

That’s it for today. I hope your day is filled with joy and happiness. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment