Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tuesday, November 6th! It is Election Day in America and already record numbers of people have turned out to vote during the early voting time period. Ms. Kate and I will certainly be out to vote a little later this morning. I believe that every citizen (and only citizens) should get out and vote for the candidate of their choice. I think the American people are so tired of the nasty ads and commercials that politicians put out there against their opponents. They don’t tell you what they intend to do or how they hope to help America, they just tell half truths and slam their opponents and have no shame in how low they can go in their attacks. I can’t think of a reason in the world to be a politician because their system is so corrupt. They spend most of their elected time pandering to people with the money and working to get re-elected. I don’t think they start out that way but the deal making starts on day one and the slope is steep and slippery. It is so time for term limits for elected officials at every level. In my opinion, politicians are the absolute dredge of society. We no longer vote for the best candidate, we vote for the least bad. OK, that is my rant, and I’ll hush about it.

The great thing about November 6th is that it is my granddaughter Lauren’s twenty first birthday. How is that even possible? It seems as though it was only yesterday that she was a toddler. That is one of the problems of not being located close to your children and their families. Josh is 31, Amanda is 22, Lauren is now 21, Matt is 20, and Jon will be turning 18 next month, and I feel like we have missed so much of their lives. They have all become adults in between our sporadic visits. And, because their families live so far apart, they don’t really know each other nor are they involved in each other’s lives. But, it is no different in the next generation up. I only have one sister and she and her family no longer speak to me and my family, so there ya’ go. Not how I thought things in that area would turn out.

Ms. Kate got all of the laundry done yesterday aand today we’ll pack our suitcases. This is really going to be a quick trip it seeems. But, we’ll spend a couple of nights in Las Vegas and then drive to Heather’s place and spend four days at Heather’s house. The purpose of the trip is to attend another reunion of military folks that I have been stationed with. It will be wonderful to see Heather, John and the kids for a couple of days. That will be the last of vacation time for about six months.

Time to shower and get ready to head out to get in a line to vote. I hope you have taken the time to do so. If you haven’t yet —- please do so. Pray — vote. That’s th way it works. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment