Thursday, September 27, 2018

Yes, I missed another Wednesday didn’t I? But, amazingly enough, the world made it through alright without me sitting down and writing about it. Who would have thunk it??

Of course yesterday morning was an office morning. Pastor Art, and Karen and I went over the schedule of events. He is going on leave starting Sunday so we got everything coordinated and locked in. We will have a couple of days that we will both be gone but that should not be a problem as log as no one dies. And Karen is going to be gone on a Hawaiian vacation too for a couple of weeks so October will be a strange month.

After I left work I picked up Ms. kate and took her to lunch at the Gerst Haus, a really good German restaurant on the west side of town. , From there it was the grocery store to pick up some stuff. The home for a bit and then I had choir practice last night. Yes, I’ve decided to Jon the choir, as if I didn’t have enough to do. After choir I met with the chairpersons of the Board of Christian Education and Music and Worshp Committee and our organist to talk Christmas play. I think I have it under control and we are all on the same page. I came home and tailored the service for that day and will re=rite a portion of the play to accomdate the new plan. It was a busy Wednesday. Oh —- and I watched the season opener of Survivor! That’s important stuff. LOL

Today is a gloomy day and it is only fifty-nine degrees with a light rain. That’s no good. We need the rain out of here so the ground can dry out by Saturday morning and so we can park cars around the ball field for the car show. We’re expecting about 120 cars to show up and it is supposed to be a really nice day. But if the ground is soggy, it will be a mess.

I have a couple of things to get done today. I have to go get my replacement lens put in my glasses and I have to go pick up my trumpet from the music store. It has been cleaned inside and out and should be as good as new. Between that and my new mouthpiece for it, I should be able to make some good music with it again. Theoretically, it should be a little easier to play. We’ll cross our fingers and hope. And, with my new corrected lens in my glasses, I’ll be able to read thee music clearer. My other chores today are to help Ms/ Kate get the laundry done and then work on a sermon, and make the corrections to the play. But first, I need to get out of my recliner, put up my IPad, and go shower and get ready.

Treat your Thursday nicely. Do good things for people today, pray for world peace and tell someone you love them. Pay no attention to the rain, that’s just God taking care of His creation. Shalomn.


No comments:

Post a Comment