Saturday, September 1, 2018

September 1st, 2018; wow, I guess summer is done isn’t it? Monday is Labor Day and if I were still a Squardon or Group Commander in the Air Force, I would be working on my presentation for Commander’s Call. During Commander’s Call, I would be congratulating my personnel for making it through the summer without getting a DUI, or having an accident and hurting themselves either on the road or at home. It would mean that my Memorial Day safety briefing had been effective. The military keeps tabs on such things. I recall far too many times over the years that one of my people would do somethng stupid like get picked up DUI or worse, get killed from having an accident and I’d have to explain at all levels what safety briefing they had received because as aa commander, we were responsible for their behavior 24/7. There are a lot of things that I miss about the military but that isn’t one of them.

It has been aa really busy morning out in the Backyard Buffet. I had a flock of about fifteen or so starlings come in and take over the feeders. They are such nasty birds. They constantly fight amongst themselves to get at feeders and they push and peck at other birds. They grab food by the chunk and lose half of it on the ground. The they get in the birdbaths and splash the water everywhere. The after they have wreaked havoc for ten or twenty minutes, they fly way in unison. Now they will be gone for maybe an our and return to star all over again. Now it is the sparrows timee to fight over the bird bath and splash and splash. Ya’ see why I don’t get anything done in the mornings?

We had a fun tie at lunch yesterday with Bob and Brenda. I told you how it would go but Brenda blew the scenario by not ordering chili. She had a chicken sandwich instead. I told her she had broken tradition and she said she lives on the wild side once in a while. Oh well, —- good help is hard to find sometimes.

That’s’s aout it for this Saturday morning. It’s gong to be a hot day and a humid day but I need to do some work out side. I’ll just take my time and do or not do as I see fit. I the mean time, I wish you a happy weekend and a safe one. Now you have had your safety briefing!  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment