Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Aaah Tuesday; welcome back Tuesday. Ya’ got to feel a little sorry for Tuesday. It’s just a day and bears little significance beyond somebody using it to sell tacos. It’s not a dreaded Monday nor is it a “Hump Day” Wednesday.  It is just kind of stuck there doing nothing. So, —- let’s give it up for Tuesday.

Today is the 71st birthday of the United States Air Force. I just realized that I’m three years older than the Air Force. That makes me feel old. And now the President of the United States has ordered the creation of a Space Force. The world is passing me by. I’m not sure what this new Space Force is supposed to do but in my humble opinion it changes the nature and balance of “something” simply because our space exploration, (or current lack of it) has now become militarized. I don’t know where that takes us but it is a bit scary don’t you think?

The remnants of Hurricane Florence still continues to wreak havoc. There were tornadoes in West Virginia and in North Carolina yesterday I think the death toll is now over twenty. Therivers continue to rise and neighborhoods and roads and lives are being wiped out. Rescue workers and aid workers are doing what they can but in so many regions, help simply cannot get there yet. Daughter Lisa and family are still good and are back to work but they readily admit that they are fully blessed. The affected areas will be months and maybe years recovering. Unfortunately, once the immediate crisis is over, the help will dry off. . I’ve seen that happen so often.

If I would get out of my recliner and get ready, we plan to go to the apple orchard and either pick some apples or maybe just buy some. We need to do it soon though because it is going to get hot again today; ninety-one is the prediction.  And I don’t want to be out there in that temp and humidity.

Having said that, I guess I will drop off and get myself cleaned up. Have a blessed day and know that you have been prayed for today. God always watches over you and loves you as if you were His only child. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment