Friday, September 21, 2018

Several years ago there was a Disney movie called “That Darn Cat”. Well, I have my own version of That Darn Cat. It isn’t mine and I don’t know to whom it belongs. But, it is the same cat that snatched one of my cardinals early this week. Today it was almost fifteen feet up the Poplar tree after a squirrel. The squirrel was staying just out of its reach and was giving it the old “nanny, nanny, boo-boo!” It finally gave up on the squirrel when a couple of my BB’s smacked it on the rump while I had it in a compromising position. That darn cat!!!

It is a hot morning already but by this afternoon we are supposed to be having a cold front moving in and push this hot summer weather away. Weather dude says it should be the last of our ninety degree days for the year. But, we also need some rain and the front is supposed to bring some of that too. I lan to do some yard work tomorrow and have alerted my young neighbor that I will need some help if he is available. He’s a good kid but he is also a high school kid and that brings a lot of homework and extra curricular activities. So, we’ll see if he will be here to help or not. Besides, we may get rained out.

I finished writing my Christmas play and worship service last night. I’m glad to havethat off of my “to do” list. I know it is many weeks out from Christmas but events and other things to do will rob you of the time to do the things that you need to do This was important because I had promised to write one and needed to fill that commitment. Why I promised is beyond do me. I guess I like to make work for myself. But, Ms. Kate and I have two vacations coming up and I didn’t want writing that play hanging over my head. So —- it ‘s done!

Today is “schrooms and beer” day with Bob and Brenda. I’ve been looking forward to it. I don’t know if Ms. Kate will go or not. She has been have a bit of a stomach issue and depending on how she feels in another hour, she may or may not go. Bob is getting older and more frail and she doesn’t want to pass on anything to him.

I got a call from H&H music store last night reference my trumpet. I had taken it to them to have it cleaned for the first time ever. They will chemically clean the inside of it, replace the felts and the pads and lube the slides That horn is sixty years old and has never been cleaned like that. Guys who play a lot have this done at least every two years. I didn’t even know they did anything like that until I saw a video in You Tube. And it will only cost me $65.00. With the horn completely serviced and the new mouthpiece I bought; —- it should play a lot easier and sound a lot better. So that put it all back on me and owner error!

Time to clean myself up and get ready for some schrooms and beer. I hope you have a most wonderful Friday and an even better weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment