Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday night and we are in Gulfport Mississippi. We had a non-eventful four hour drive down from Tuscaloosa, AL. and arrived around 1500 hours. We've checked into our hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott and are about 300 yards from the Gulf of Mexico.

It didn't take me too long to over stuff myself with seafood. We went out for supper and I ordered the steamed shrimp plate plus a cup of gumbo. It is very seldom that I get a plate of shrimp that is too big for me. But, there must have been a minimum of thirty-six shrimp on that plate, plus red-skinned potatoes, and fried okra. I am gorged and that was three hours ago. There will be no snacking tonight for sure.

I walked across the street to the sidewalk that they have running along the Gulf. It was very pleasant out there and a slight breeze was blowing. The tide was way out and there were just a few people that had walked out to where the water was. I think tomorrow morning I will picked up a breakfast roll and a cup of coffee and walk over to the beach and relax for awhile. Hopefully it won't be raining.

I've talked to folks back home and they say that they are having torrential rain and storms. That is the remnants of the storm that was here a few days ago. So, Ms. Kate and I have basically missed this thing all around. Hopefully it will stay that way.

That's it for tonight. We've arrived safely and the fun has begun. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment