Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The ran continues on this Tuesday morning. It is almost 0900 and the sky is dark enough that I need to turn on a lamp if I want to read anything other than my computer screen. The light from the screen is barely adequate to afford me enough light to accurately see my keyboard. Not that it makes that much difference. I hit the same amount of wrong keys in the light as I do in the dimness. I’m not a typest. I’m still, after all of these years a “hunt and peck” kind of guy. Although I’m much better than I was at one time, I still have to go back make a lot of corrections.

When I left the office yesterday I decided to go by my eye doctor’s office and have them check out one of the lens in my glasses. I bought them in June and I never did seem to have good vision n my right eye. If I tried to watch television it was blurry somewhat. If I closed my right eye, I could se well. If I closed my left eye, everything was blurry. So, I had them check them out. The Dr checked me again and sure enough.I had a bad prescription in my right eye. So, they are ordering me a new right lens. The great thing is that they didn’t charge me anything for the re-exam nor the new lens. Maybe by next week I’ll be seeing straight.

The new television season started last night for some of the shows. There is a new show on NBC called Manifest. I’ve watched the trailers for it and it looked like a show that I might like. The prims is that a plane took off from Montgomery Bay enroute to New York and it disappeared for five years, although the passengers don’t know it nor have they aged. They arrive in New York thinking it has only been a few hours from take off. Sows, we are beginning to see that they have some strange maybe psychic ability or something. I’ll give it a few watches before I decide if I want to continue to follow the show. If it turns out to be like another show called “Lost”, I’ll drop it because none of it will make sense. Most likely the show will try to tell us that these people have all been “sent back” to accomplish something special with their life. We’ll see.

The ran has now temporarily stopped altough it comes in little waves. We’re I to turn the light back off, it would be an easy drop off to snooze-land. I have nothing on my schedule today soI think I’m going to finish a book that I am reading. It is called “Struggle to be Free” by Rev, Dr. Wayne Oates. He was a Baptist theologian and an early pioneer in the world of Clinical Pastoral Education. This particular book deals with his escape from poverty of mind and body. It is well written although a bit “wordy” for me. I think my co-pastor was a student of this man while in seminary in Louisville. This is one of his books that he loaned me.

I’m thinking it may be bagel and cream cheese time to go with my coffee. Want to join me? Shalomn!

No comments:

Post a Comment