Monday, September 24, 2018

Monday morning and it is a dreary one. It has been raining on and off since yesterday and will continue to rain until at least tomorrow afternoon. We needed the rain though and this has been a "good rain" in that for the most part it has been slow and steady as opposed to down pouring and storms. Those could still happen yet today and tomorrow.

We are hoping that the rain will all clear out of here no later than Wednesday morning and that the sun will come up and dry out the ground. Our church is sponsoring a "Cruse-in" car show on Saturday and expect about a hundred and twenty old cars to be parking out and around our ball field. The church has done these car shows for several years but Ms. Kate and I have never been to it and really don't know much about them. Lot of organizations do these shows so apparently they are pretty good money makers. We use them to raise mission money.

The rain has shown Ms. Kate and I one unfortunate thing. The $675.00 we paid to have a roof leak fixed, has not been fixed. So, I called my contractor first thing this morning and he is going to come out and get up in my attic and see if he can find it from the inside while it is raining. It has to be such a minute leak somewhere. But he should be able to track a leak back to it's source this way.  It drips out of the can light into my shower, which as I have said before is the perfect place if we have to have a leak. What is really weird is that while we were gone on vacation a couple of weeks ago, we had paper towels laying in the shower in case it rained while we were gone. That way we could tell if the leak had been fixed. We came home and there had been no water leaking at all despite the fact that the area had torrential rain for several days. And yet, this gentle rain  has apparently saturated some weak point and is coming in. Sigh!!!! Water always wins.

I'm at the office now and we have had a steady stream in and out but none of it to see me, although they do stop by and say hello and chit-chat a bit. I sat out in the sun porch for awhile this morning first thing as I had my first cup of coffee. There were no takers at the backyard buffet today, or at least not at the time of the morning. It was raining at the time and I think maybe the birds were still taking shelter in among the leaves of the trees and the squirrels were still hiding in their nests. I don't blame them, -- I wanted to turn over and crawl back under the covers myself. But -- I had to get a move on and head out to work.

It was a banner day at church yesterday as we had five new members join the church. What a wonderful thing that is.  And we had our first two people join our new Sunday school class yesterday. It was a niche that we had not filled and Pastor Art had really pushed for it. It provides a Christian Education platform for high school through college aged people.

I better stop now and maybe do a bit of work on my sermon that I started last night. I pray you will have a blessed week full of the Holy Spirit. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment