Saturday, September 15, 2018

It is Saturday afternoon so let’s catch up shall we. It has been an eventful time; —- not particularly exciting, but eventful.

Thursday morning we took off from Biloxi and our beautiful hotel room and handed north towards home. we didn’t hve any particular plans other than to head towards home. Well the travel was good and the weather was just right and we just ep on driving. Twelve hours later we were pulling into our driveway at 2100 hours. We were dead tired but we did at least unload the car. W still don’t have everything put away. Thursday evening is also when Hurricane Florence made landfall in North Carolina. As I think you know, I have a daughter living in Goldsboro, NC with her family. They were well prepared and had hunkered down to weather the storm.

Yesterday morning I got up and went to the church to help Pastor Art out with the funeral he was doing for one f our parishioners. After that, I stayed for the meal and even packed a “doggie bag” for Ms. Kate. She had stayed home from the funeral and was doing laundry, mopping floors, emptying bags and suitcases etc. After she finished her lunch, we hit the recliners and took a nap. Nap time being over, I went to get a haircut only to find that my barbershop was closed for vacation. So, I’ve put that off until Monday or so. Ms. Kate saidI don’t yet look shaggy, although I feel like I do. I went from there to H&H music store to check on a couple of things. First of all I’m thinking I need a “cushioned rimmed” mouthpiece for my trumpet. They didn’t have any and suggested that I bring my trumpet in and try some of their “test” mouthpieces to make sure they ordered me the right size. While I was there I did a little research for purchasing a new keyboard for the chuch. We need a new one because the old one is exactly that —- old. We need a full 88 keys keyboard instead of the 66 keys one that we currently have. Our organist and piano players run out of keys to lay during a song and have to adjust. I found a couple of them and they are on sale. So, I have asked the organist to go by H&H first thing next week and look at them and try them out. If she likes what she sees, I’ll contact the council and try to get them to give us the money to buy it. I’m fairly certain they will agree.

Today we got busy and took our toxic waste product to the annual “Tox-away Day drive. From there we went to Nellies for breakfast/brunch; then to the grocery store, and now we are back home again and have hit the recliners again. I still have to fill bird feeders yet today as they are all empty. And, I need to re-read my sermon for tomorrow so I can get in my mind how I want to deliver it. I don’t practice them out loud per se’, but I do read them over several times after I have written them.

Lisa and family have lost power along with a half a million other people in North and South Carolina; but they remain safe and dry and so far have had no damage. The hurricane has been downgraded to a tropical depression for wind purposes but they have a lot more rain coming to them yet. I just give thanks to God that they are safe.

That’s it —- you are now caught up on what is happening from the sunporch. Have a blessed weekend and and take time to worship the God that has filled your life with blessing all this week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment