Thursday, September 20, 2018

Hello Thursday morning people, it’s great to be with you. I hope your Wednesday was full of blessings. Mine certainly was, which is a bit of why I never got around to blogging yesterday.

Of course as you know by now, Wednesday is an office staff meeting day. It is generally just an hour To go over the calendar with Karen and Art to make sure we are all on the same page and have the same planned up coming events. But, more often than not, Art and I get to talking philosophy and theology and I end up being there for two or more hours. He is a very learned man and I enjoy milking his Doctoral brain with questions that I have. It is indeed a pleasure to work with him. And we are well suited for each other as co-pastors.

I came home from the office and Ms. Kate was busy peeling apples and preparing to make apple pies. So, I jumped in and helped her do that. After all I’m the one she waas making them for, I should help. She has the knowledge of how to do it, but I can peel and fetch needed items for her. We made three and they turned out beautifully. We gave one to neighbor Dan and took one to her sister Karen, and had the first couple of pieces form our for supper last night. My wife does know how to make a delicious and beautiful pie.

I’ve been working on an effort to get the church to buy a new piano keyboard. I’ve found a couple and priced them; I’ve had the organist go and try them out and select one, and I’ve taken it to the council for approval to purchase it. I had hoped to have it bought and ready for use by this coming Sunday down in our Woodland chapel. We currently have one but it is old and only has sixty-six keys and therefore has a limited capability. It also falls short on adding a sense of joy and praise to our singing. The council has voted to wait and discuss it at the next council meeting which will be on October 8th. I’m hoping the store will still have it by then and that it will still be on sale. It is really a nice one with great sound.

I’ve finally gotten started on writing my Christmas Drama. I’ve pulled out an old one that I wrote back in 2002 and am revising it. It was a good one then but I can see where it was lacking in certain areas. So, I’m doing a lot of editing and re-writing to make it better. (I hope) I’m writing in a place for a children’s “Cherub Chorus” so I can work the children’s program right into the play.

I’m not getting a lot of guests at the backyard buffet these days.  I guess they are eating from the fields since it is harvest season. That’s okay, they’ll all be back.

That’s my story for today y’all. I hope your Thursday is a happy one. Stay safe out there, pray a lot and take care of your neighbor. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment