Saturday, August 26, 2017

Welcome to a beautiful Saturday morning. Again this morning it is sixty four degrees and there isn't a cloud to be seen. Unfortunately the same certainly cannot be said for much of the country to the south of us. The Gulf of Mexico side of Texas in in the middle of Hurricane Harvey which came ashore last evening at 125 miles per hour. It is expected to last  for days yet and the area could get as much as thee and a half feet, (yes, feet) of rain. If all of that holds true, the damage is going to be horrendous. I give thanks to God that so far no lives have been reported lost due to this monstrous storm andI pray none will be. I've been watching MSNBC news and listening to the local reporters as they stand out in the wind and rain reporting on the storm. ---- I've never understood why they do that. What is the purpose of standing out in wind and rain that literally knocks you over to show me it is raining? I guess people who run the media world in this country think we are so stupid that we can't create a mental picture of what it might look like, so they literally risk the lives of their reporters to show me the wind is blowing 70 mph and it is raining.  I did appreciate what the mayor of one of the most affected areas told the residents. He said "You really should evacuate because once this thing hits --- we can't and won't come for you. However, if you decide to stay, please write your name and social security number on your arm so we can easily identify your body -- if we find it." Once this storm is over he'll probably catch all kinds of flack becaue he talked mean to them and they were offended. OK, off of that subject.

I didn't do any yard work yesterday because I was sore from doing a lot on Thursday. But I did get a another flowerbed cleaned up on Thursday. This morning I think I will go to Lowes and pick up some bags of mulch to put on the two beds I have done. Then if I have time I'll work on another one. There is always something to do out there and this weather is perfect for doing it.

I have lots of little chirppers out here this morning at the birdbath. I think the water is a bit low for them though. The sparrows and finches really don't get in the bird bath if it is deep at all and they are having to lean way over the edge to drink. They keep sliding off the edge towards the water and they have to flitter back up to the edge. I'll take a half gallon of water out there in a minute and fill it back up to a comfortable level for them. Yeh, I guess I do spoil them a bit much.

It's "Frog Folly" weekend around here which means that the roads and restaurants, and hotels are all full of folks who fix up old cars and show them are in town for the big annual show. My cousin Debbie and her husband Ronnie have two or three of them that they bring over to this other shows. We are supposed to meet with them for dinner this evening. I'm looking forward to that.

Gotta get cleaned up and head to Lowes. Have a wonderful weekend. Keep the folks in Texas and surrounding areas in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment