Thursday, August 24, 2017

I must begin by giving thanks once again to God who gives all things, for yet one more beautiful morning. It is sunny and sixty eight degrees and no wind with low humidity. My bird feeders are full and I have a few takers at the buffet this morning. Earlier I had maybe a dozen cardinals out there but they have had their fill and moved on. They will be back soon for another round at the buffet. All of the bark butter feeders are full and the wood peckers are enjoying them. Knock on wood; I haven't had that bevy of starlings around here in the last few days. I think they are moving out with the blackbirds to the fields. The corn is starting to dry on the stalks and they will be out there, although we are weeks from harvest yet. That's when they really hit the fields.

While I'm giving thanks, I also give thanks that the first of "my people" got home last night. Sister-in-law Karen got home from Vegas about 2130 last evening. I don't know about Dan and Minh yet although I hope they didn't try to drive from Albuquerque, NM to home in one day. That is too many miles and there is no reason for it. If it were Ms. Kate and I, we would have probably stopped in Oklahoma City last night and then driven on in home today.

I did get one flowerbed worked up pretty well yesterday. I need to get a load of mulch to put on it yet but I got the iris cut back and the deadfall all out of it from the lilies. I really looks nice this morning. With this weather, I'm going back out today and do more. I think I will work out front today. There is an awful lot to do out there. It is such a jungle that I'm not sure how to start on it. Part of the problem is that I think we have too many flowers in those flowerbeds. We have iris, lilies and peonies all in a close area  and they intertwine and it makes it hard to work in there. Add to that the voluntary vines and wild onions and grass that grows in and among all of that and it is a slow process of clearing it all out. I should have done more yesterday but we had some running around to do and we got back home from that after noon. Then it was time for lunch and after lunch I let the lazies guide my progress or lack of it and didn't get as much done as I would have like to do. But, none of it will get done if I don't get out there and start on it.

So, while I go out and work amongst God's blessings, I hope you are having a joyful day too! If it is as beautiful where you live as it is here today -- Ya' gotta get outside for awhile at least and breathe in   The wonders of the world God has created. Then look around you and try to appreciate each little bit of what God has created just for you.

Until next time ---- Shalomn.


No comments:

Post a Comment