Friday, January 28, 2022

 Good morning to you. I know it may be cold where you are but down here in the most Magic Place on Earth, it is 54 degrees this morning and is supposed to go up to 64 degrees. The sun is not shining but is at least trying to break through the clouds. That will help the "feels like". 

I know I have been negligent about writing but I have just been busy relaxing and doing nothing. Yesterday I spent the entire day sitting out on the veranda watching the animals, drinking coffee, and reading my Stephen King novel, "If It Bleeds". I'm just about done with that book. Actually I have finished the main story in the book and am reading the shirt story that is included with the book. I'll finish that up easily this morning. I have had the book sitting by my sun porch recliner for months with only about half of it read. But -- I figured that I would finish it while I was on vacation so, I went on Amazon Prime.com and ordered his next one "Billy Summers", for an overnight delivery. It arrived as promised and is sitting in my suitcase waiting for me to crack the cover on it. 

We have not ventured out from the resort as of yet. But this morning we will head out and find some restaurants off campus. As expected it is really expensive to eat here in the park. So far we have only had one meal and that was last night. It was good but I'm sure we can fine a better variety out side of the park. 

Ms. Kate has been having all kinds of computer problems and it totally frustrates her. On the way down here, for no known reason, her IPhone locked up and she couldn't use it. Wednesday morning we found an Apple Store in a local mall and went in and got it reset. I couldn't believe how packed that store was at 1030 in the morning. We had to get in the que and wait for our appointment 45 minutes later. I will say, the young man that helped us really seemed to know what he was doing and he got her up and running. Then yesterday her Klondike game that she plays has locked her out and for what ever reason Facebook locked her out. We tried everything we knew to do and got nowhere. Her Grump meter pegged out. But, this morning I got up and fiddled around with it and get her back on line. So, she has Facebook, Messenger, and Messages back again. I couldn't help her with Klondike but she is much happier this morning. Technology is great --- when it works but it can be so very frustrating when it doesn't. 

That's it for today. I hope you are staying warm. I talked to my grandson Joshua this morning and they are expecting up to two feet of snow this weekend up in New Hampshire. I feel his pain and am glad I'm not there. 

Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment