Thursday, January 13, 2022

 Good morning Thursday, you grey, cold thing. You don’t look very cheery nor do you look like you are going to help anyone else cheer up, I guess your 28 degrees isn’t meant to impress anybody, and it certainly isn’t. 

I had a very busy day yesterday so today I am going to take it relatively easy. Yesterday was visitation and bulletin running day. I got out to make two “home” visitations, (one at home and one in a nursing home). Both parishioners are widowers and in fact they are brothers-in-law. Both are about 90 years of age and both were glad to see me. I like doing my visitations even though I hear the same stories over and over sometimes as the folks reminisce about days gone by. I don’t mind that because sometimes they add a new remembrance that changes the story a bit. 

After my visitations I went to the church and ran bulletins. I use the same service for both churches so the bulletin is the same. And, I make my own bulletins by downloading clip art from the internet. I wish I had a better source than what comes up, I may have to ask Jules where to find to free clip art for my program. She’s the computer guru. Anyway, I got a lot of the bulletins run but still have a bunch to run of the small one. My copier at St. Paul’s will create large print and small print. My copier at St. Lucas, although 15 years newer, will not do large print. So, I have to mix and match and make sure I’m keeping copies even between the two churches. It works out well. I love the copier at St. Lucas because it will print double sided really quickly. They rent that copier and the lease is coming up in the spring. They asked me if we need a new one and I have told them that if they can get one that does double sided and large print for the same price, go for it. If now, we’ll keep doing what we are doing as long as the one at St. Paul’s holds out. But it is 15 years old so no telling what we will have to do there. It was bought and donated by a couple of members of the church shortly after I started there many years ago. It has lasted very well and I hope it continues to do so. 

After I finished my stuff at the church, I came home and got busy on the February 6th sermon that has been crawling around in my head for a week. I finally finished that last night and I think it is going to be a really good one. I have based the sermon on a song that I heard called “You Will Be Found”. It is Avery meaningful song with a beautiful message. I hope I have done it justice. 

That’s it for this morning. I don’t know what I’m going to do today. I do need to go get the car gassed up and I think I’ll probably go to the Neighborhood Walmart to do that. Although, as little gas as my car takes, the difference in price generally doesn’t make me a lot of difference. 

Have a blessed day. Stay in touch with God. Peace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment