Monday, January 3, 2022

 Yes, I know it is late, but Happy New Year. There I was, counting down hours until 2022 but then I just didn’t get motivated to write after that. No reason except that I was still and am still dealing with this dang cold. Ms. Kate has it too and we are probably just passing it back and forth to one another. What I do know is that I may have to go out and buy more Kleenex of this thing doesn’t go away soon. We are both through the worst of it, I think. Not nearly the coughing that we’ve each had although that cokes and goes too. I slept like a log last night; not a single cough or nose blow. But then this morning, —- everything that settled while I was horizontal has decided to make itself known now that I am vertical. So it has been a morning of nose blowing etc. 

How was your New Years and New Years Eve? Did you party ? Did you fall asleep before the clock struck 12:00. We were up but then we are up every night at midnight so there was nothing new about it. 2022 —- aren’t we all supposed to be driving around in little jet cars etc by now. Aren’t we all supposed to have little robot maids and butlers and stuff??? The closest thing we have is our I-Robot vacuum and it gets stuck under the chair or the the bed and I have to go rescue it. BUt, I admit, it does do a good job. 

Church attendance was about what I expected yesterday. I think between the two services, we worshipped about 75 or 80. But, the holiday is over, guests have gone home, those that only come for the holiday will be back on Easter, and a lot of folks have the same cold that I have. I’d just as soon as they stayed home and didn’t share. We’ve had quite a few watch the service on the TV or computer. That’s fine too. We are blessed to be able to offer that. Jacob does a wonderful job putting all of that together. The next two Sundays we will be holding winter congregational meeting at each of the churches. They normally don’t take too long. The \congregations are small and so are the issues. I love rural congregations. 

I guess I better heat up a bagel or two for Ms. Kate and I and then I need to get busy working on services and sermons. I have a vacation coming up and Ned to work around all of that. 

Have a blessed day and a wonderful week. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment