Friday, January 7, 2022

 I am not crazy about a morning that starts out with only a single digit on the thermometer. I mean, there is room for more so why not fill in the space. Of course, I don’t want to see three digits up there either so I reckon one could say I’m a bit finicky. But there is so much space to go between 0 and 100 so why not use it? 

It is a beautiful morning out there. We only accumulated a total of 8/10 of an inch. Traffic is going past the house okay, well, maybe a bit faster than safe but who knows. I suspect that the morning commute was a bit treacherous because whaat ever melted yesterday had turned into black ice. But much of the country is so much worse off than what we are here. In fact, much of the Tri-State received such a different and varying amounts of snow. Some of our viewing area got as much as seven inches of them white stuff. So, I consider ourselves very lucky. I don’t plan to go out and clean any of this off. Tomorrow it is going to be 45 degrees, so, God put it there, God will take it away. Ms. Kate and I don’t have anywhere we need to go anyway. 

We are slowly improving from our crud. Still have some coughing going on. That’s expected when ya’ have so much crud in your lungs. It has to come out some how. But it is so good to be feeling better and functional. We have two more days of steroids and antibiotics. 

The birds have cleaned out the feeders. I’ll have a lot to fill when I get out there. I was looking through my supplies and I see that I short on some stuff again. Time to do an on-line order, or maybe wait until the streets clear and make a trip in to the store. I need to look at their sale ad and see what they have going on. I know I need some seed cylinders and I need to get the hot pepper ones because the darn squirrels got on there and ate a bunch of what I had. They don’t like the hot pepper ones and the birds don’t have taste buds. I could use a half dozen of those and it would get me through a couple of months. If I buy too many during the summer, they get mealy and bugs in them. But this time of year id perfect for seed cylinders. I also need to put out some bark butter again. I haven’t put any out for quite awhile and the woodpeckers would love that. 

I got started on some good writing last evening . I was just about to finish up a sermon but my three glasses of Pepsi and my bladder had a conversation and I had to go upstairs to the facility. It was late enough that I didn’t want to go back down the stairs again and start so I left it for today. I’ll finish that one up and make the accompanying slides to go with it today and then start on another. I really wish I had a bathroom down there but it would be hard to put in. I don’t have an egress to the outside from my basement and that means that any toilet has to have an “up flush” capability. That is tough to put in and expensive. So, I just make the run upstairs when nature calls. 

Enough about my potty habits. It’s time to jump off and “do something”.  Stay out of the cold if you can, Have a blessed day. Peace. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment