Friday, December 3, 2021

 Well, well, well, Hello you beautiful Friday morning. The sun is shining brightly, it’s 51 degrees, going up to 70 today and the wind is calm. Quite a nice morning out there, I’m having my bagel with creamed cheese and my coffee and enjoying my guests at the Backyard Buffet. It reminds me though that I have a lot of feeders to fill today. I got my order in from Wild Birds Unlimited the other day so I’m good to go for a bit for filling the feeders. Actually, they haven’t been around very much in the past couple of weeks. I think maybe they are finishing off the fields after the harvest. My cardinals, finches, and wrens are the main guests these days, and of course the squirrels, but there are only a couple of squirrels these days too. or maybe there is more but they aren’t all coming at once like they sometimes do. 

We finished decorating the trees yesterday and they look nice. I guess the house looks like Ms. Kate wants it to now. I think adding the second tree is what made her happy, I don’t know. I just do what she asks. It’s a formula that has worked for almost 56 years. 

We have stuff to do again today. We are going to meet some friends for lunch today. We haven’t ben able to do that for months and have missed it. It’s always good conversation and good food. With the stress over Ms. Kate’s health issues for the past three months, it will be good to “download” and relax. I don’t know about you but, we have so few folks that we really consider close friends; you know, the kind that you can turn to and talk with about anything and everything. Ms. Kate and I were just talking about this last evening. For as much as we deal with the public, she and I are really not “social people”. Except for Julie and Jim, I don’t know of the last time we actually had any company in our home. It has been years. And, I may be wrong, but I think much of society might be that way, especially as we get older. She and I love being each other’s company and I, more than she, would just stay home. We’re neither good at “small-talk” and run out of things to talk about rather quickly. Granted, if Pastor Art and I get to “talking” on FB Messenger, we talk for a long tome. And if neighbor Dan comes over, it’s a two coffee pot conversation. But, that is about it for me and Kate only talks to her sister. I guess we are just old fuddy-duddies.. 

After lunch, we need to go out to the cemetery and put winter flowers on my parent’s tombstone. Then I know there is something on the east side of town that we need to do but I haven’t a clue what it is at the moment. It will come to me or Ms. Kate will remind me. 

That’s it for today. The weekend begins today. Take some time to relax, Don’t \forget to visit your house of worship. God got you this far this week. Stop by and give Him worship. Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment