Friday, December 24, 2021

 Happy Birthday to my Ms. Kate. The love of my life turned 74 today. That is an amazing blessing because we have come close to losing her twice in her life. In 1993 she had two heart attacks and a double by-pass surgery. In 2006 (I think) she had a stroke and we could have lost her. But. God is the giver of all good things and has kept her with me. I can’t imagine what the last 28 years of my life would have been like had we lost her. Would I have had the career drive that I have had? Would I be a pastor today? How would my kids life be different? These are all unknowns and maybe not worth the wonder, butI do think about it because I need to constantly give thanks to God for the path we are getting travel together. My lady is a daily blessing. 

Today is Christmas Eve and it is 56 degrees outside. Tomorrow we could be topping 71 degrees. How weird is that?? It certainly isn’t normal. A year ago today it was 17 degrees for a high. The year before, it was 68. Who knows what to count on any more. I ‘m just hoping that it isn’t snowing at the end of January/ first week of February so we can make our vacation safely. 

Tonight we will do two Christmas Eve services; a 7:00 pm at St. Paul’s with the children’s program, Holy Communion, and Candle light. Then at 9:00 pm we do it all over again at St. Lucas, minus the children’s service. I expect a large crowd which will be wonderful. Sunday will be the first Sunday after Christmas and you cam bet the crowds will be significantly reduced. That’s just the way it is in “church-land”. 

So, now, we are waiting on Jim to arrive, Ms. Kate is going to be starting dinner before too long. The fresh rolls are already rising, The corn is thawing from the freezer and the ham will go into the oven probably about the time that Jim gets here. I don’t know how long that needs to cook. We plan to eat around 1630 because we have the services this evening. 

That’s it for this Christmas Eve. HJave a blessed Christmas. Peace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment