Thursday, December 23, 2021

 Good morning on this December 23rd. We’re having a great start to our day. As I write this, I have installers here to put in our new double ovens. We ordered these things back on October 11th and it has taken this long for the dealer to get them in. They are just a piece of the supply chain back up that is occurring all over the nation. The really great part is that our installer could get to us this quick after they arrived. I really appreciate that. The oven that we are replacing “still worked”. We had to always make adjustments on how to really set the temperatures because the thermostats were off and each oven had it own measure of “off”. Plus the automatic cleaning feature didn’t work so that was a pain in the rear. So, after 20 years of dealing with that —- it was time to “just do it”. And, I’ll probably do the first baking in it because I want to make Ms. Kate a birthday cake tomorrow. It will be an angel food of course because that is the simplest. We are neither one big cake eaters but we do like angel food. 

I goto notification this morning from another parishioner wanting me to do a funeral/memorial service for a loved one next week. That makes two funerals next week. That’s why I always try to work ahead with my sermon writing and services. One never knows what may pop up at the last minute. People certainly can’t plan when they are going to die, and I always try to make myself available if possible when my folks have a crisis in their lives. Both of my funerals next week will be private affairs so there isn’t a lot of involvement from other people. 

Julie and the pups are coming over today yet after she gets off of work. Jim has to work tomorrow so he will come over after he gets out of work then. They will both head back home on Sunday I think. I am so glad that Julie and Jim decided to move to our “local area” several years ago. Having them “local”, i.e. only and hour plus away is wonderful. For so many years they were more than a day and a half drive from us. 

I got the feeders all filled yesterday. The wrens were tweeting nd chirping about it as I filled them and the squirrels were up chittering about me being in their space and would I please hurry up. A lot of my guests are really rude. LOL

Well, the ovens are in and the installers are gone. They are a good crew; quick, efficient, and very reasonably priced. The ovens look fantastic. 

Have a great day. Peace. 








No comments:

Post a Comment