Saturday, December 11, 2021

 The sunshine out there sure hides a lot of truths about reality this morning. It looks warm and pleasant but it is cold and a really stiff wind going on. I took the last of the Christmas cards out to the mailbox and it chilled me off pretty quickly. It’s not “terrible” at 41 degrees but the temperature is going to keep on dropping to 27 by tonight. 

Last night was a bad night for Kentucky weather. As you probably went through like I did, there were terrible storms in Kentucky that started in Arkansas and traveled through the entire state of KY. It was a 200 mile pluse tornadoes. At least 50 people were killed that have been reported so far. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and to those who have lost everything dues to these storms. I have seen some of the damage reports and television reporting of the damage and it is indeed devastating. Ms. Kate and I were down in the area where the stories were the worst Tuesday and Wednesday night. I’m glad we came home when we did. 

Our “Staycation” is over and we made the most of it. Ms.Kate finished up making the Christmas cards and as I got busy addressing them and getting them ready to put in the mailbox, we realized that we still did not have enough so she sat down and made some more. I used all but one of them. But, we have all of our cards made and sent out, all of the Christmas shopping done, (Thank you Amazon Prime), the trees are decorated and we beat the December 15th goal line. Tomorrow both churches will hold their Christmas parties. We will attend the one at St. Paul’s. They are both at the same time and we can’t be at both places at the same time. We attended the party at St. Lucas last time so it is St. Paul’s turn. Lucky them. 

I think we need to go out and do just a little shopping today and I want to run up to the church for a minute or two and take care of some business. I should and could have gone yesterday while I was out doing visitations but it was getting late enough and the storm predictions were making it sound like I needed to maybe be home so I decided to follow that advice. As it turns out, I could have gone to the churches after all but who knows. When you’re on the firing range and someone says “duck”, you duck. 

That’s about it for today my friends. Time to get my butt out of my chair and do a few things. Have a pleasant day. Take some time and say a prayer for the folks that have been impacted by the storms and say a prayer of gratitude that it wasn’t worse. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment