Monday, December 13, 2021

 Bright sun out there this morning doesn’t tell its 33 degree secret. It could be worse; it is December after all. I’ll take cold sunshine over nasty rain or snow. 

How was your weekend? I’ve had a good weekend. We got lots done around here. Yesterday of course we had two worship services and they were fairly well attended. There was a death in one of our families some distance away so that took several people away from attending yesterday. I pray for their safe return and we offer our sympathy and prayers for their comfort. Last evening both churches held their annual Christmas party. As I have said, we can only be at one place at a time so we elected too attend the St. Paul’s party. I ate too much of course. It’s hard to beat “church lady cooking”. Ms. Kate fixed a large casserole dish of “green bean casserole” and there was one spoonful left. I love the stuff although she isn’t crazy about it. I’m sure she’s glad that folks finished it so there were no leftovers. LOL

More and more pictures keep coming out of the horrific damage done by the multiple tornadoes in the fours states below us this weekend. The death toll also is climbing. I have asked my churches not to try to do something separate to help but to find other local organizations that are organizing efforts and contribute to those. We can be humble with our efforts and don’t need our label on the box. This isn’t a church parishioner recruitment effort. It’s really sad and heartbreaking to think of all of those lives lost and the amount of homes and businesses that are lying in a state of complete destruction and rubble. Where do you even begin with something like that? How do you even prove who you are or what you had? I don’t know and hope I never have to find out. Over the years our family has been involved in different phases of assisting in disasters like this but, all praise to God, we have never experienced it personally. People say, and I have too, that it terrible that it was so close to Christmas, but there is no good day for your house and everything you own to be blown into the next county. There is no good day for a factory to fall in on someone you love. Massive movement is in the works to help the victims but it will be a long time for the rebuild, and how do you live day to day in the meanwhile? I don’t know. But God will provide. As bad as it is, there will be good things and there will be miracles that come out of all of this. We only need to look for them. The massive amount of people helping people is in and of itself a miracle. 

I think today is going to be a “day off” for both Ms. Kate and I; a day to do nothing. I may do some writing if I get around to it. I have one sermon left to write for this year. Can you believe that??? This year is almost gone!. Of course, I didn’t think that I would be heading into 2022 still working either, so there is that! That’s the problem when you are working for an Eternal God. —- He has no concept of time. LOL

With that, I better quit before the lightening strikes me. Have a most blessed week. Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment