Tuesday, December 14, 2021

 It’s not as bright, not as sunny. It the temperature  out there is 43 degrees so that isn’t bad. We are expecting some light showers on and of today. I have to go to the grocery store and the post office at some point today so I should do that this morning, and if I don’t do it soon, there will be no more morning. I can’t believe I have already fooled around for two and a half hours on this silly IPad and still haven’t written my blog not have I played my Criminal Case game. I’ve spent most of the time. In texting conversation with my buddy Art Christmas. He and I get to talking and we are worse than a couple of old ladies at the wash line. (You have to be old enough to understand that picture.) Actually we’re more like a couple of old dudes sitting in porch rockers. 

Yesterday, we dedicated the day to “nothingness”. Ms. Kate and I made a concerted effort to do absolutely nothing productive all day. My big accomplishment was to go to Schnuck’s and pick up a couple of needed groceries and then run by Wendy’s and pick us up some lunch. But, as I said, today I need to go to the grocery store because my list is getting long. And I have a small package to take to the post office. We went last week and dropped off our packages and I was the only one in there when I walked through the door. But by the time I walked out, —- there was a long line forming. Timing is everything I reckon and I hit it just right. 

We have several events on our schedule for the rest of the week. I have the bulletin to run at some point this week but I may wait until Saturday to do that. On Saturday we are going to do a ‘Wreaths Across America” ceremony at one of the churches and I have to be up there for that to read a citation. This program is for families to lay a Christmas Wreath on the grave of any family members that are veteran’s of the military service. I told Ms. Kate that as a retired Colonel, I have an obligation to participate in ceremonies like this. The service is at 0900 so I will have plenty of time after the short service to run my bulletins. Some day this week, Ms. Kate has a doctor’s appointment, I think that may be on Thursday, but maybe it is Friday. And we may or may not have company coming this week. Steph’s husband, Chris, is making a business trip through the area and may stop by since he will be in the area. BUt it’s up in the air so we don’t know whether to plan for a meal with a guest or not. 

This coming Sunday the kids will be doing their Christmas program during the worship service at St. Lucas. Then on Christmas’s Eve, the kids at St. Paul’s will do their program. I am so thrilled that this is happening, between COVID and a lack of kids, it has been a few years since this has happened. 

Time to shower and start the real day. Y’all have a most blessed day. Peace.  










No comments:

Post a Comment