Wednesday, December 22, 2021

 December 22 and the first full day of winter. It’s 40 degrees out there but sunny and breezy. I had to go out and go to the grocery store this morning. We did on-line shopping yesterday at Meijer and they didn’t have some of the stuff we wanted. One of the hardest things to find has been Domino Confectionary sugar in a one pound box. Everybody has 2 lb bags but that isn’t what the boss wants. Nor did they have and heavy whipping cream. So they were standing between me and a pumpkin pie and Springerlie cookies. That could not stand. So, I went to Rulers; — nothing. I went across the street to the IGA and viola’ there it was. The sky opened up and the angels sang. I celebrated by going to Dunkin Donuts and getting us a couple of Bavarian Creme donuts. 

I have to fill my bird feeders today again. I think most everything is empty. It is surprising because I haven’t seen many birds out there. Maybe it is because it is still “warm” for the season. No snow, very few mornings have we even had a heavy frost. Sure doesn’t seem much like winter just yet. Weatherman says “no-way” to snow for Christmas. In fact, it is supposed to get up to almost 63 degrees with maybe a small rain shower or two. 

I got notification of a death with in the Faith Family this morning. The lady is not a member of our church  but is related to half of the congregation and has been on our prayer list for quite some time. Unfortunately, her husband is on the prayer list too. She will be buried in our cemetery on Tuesday and I’ll do a brief graveside service for the family. It is such a terrible thing to lose someone at Christmas but she had cancer and had been suffering for quite a long time. So, I give God praise that she no longer suffers. 

That’s about it for today. I hope you have a great day. Peace. 












No comments:

Post a Comment