Monday, December 6, 2021

 “When out on the lawn I heard such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.” Well, it wasn’t St. Nick but it was my neighbor’s large awning type gazebo. The wind had picked it up and blew it across his six foot fence and then across my four foot fence and sat it down lodged between my fence and my shed, It is barely touching my shed roof and I have zero damage but he has a mess to clean up. That thing had to have traveled fifty years of so before it got tangled up in the Dogwood tree. I was sleeping and Ms. Kate was on her computer when we heard the thud. I got up and looked around the house and out in the yard but it was 0130 and raining so I didn’t see it then. I went over and introduced myself to my neighbor and told him his gazebo was in my yard. Yeh, this is the owner of the Rooster Beagles. Oh well, it is his problem to solve. 

We are well into our Christmas card list. We addressed almost 60 Saturday afternoon. We’re maybe half done. We used to keep a file for printing labels and wouldn’t have to hand write them out, But we haven’t done that in a few years. 

I need to go up tp my sister-in-laws house and check on her place. She’s gone for a week so I need to see if she had any storm damage. So, that’s it for today. Have a good one. Peace. 

1 comment:

  1. Address, in case your interested in sending a card. Sheila McCutchan, Regency Rehab, 2120 W Washington St., Springfield, IL 62702. Hospitalized 3 weeks; Surgeries from 5/25 fall: 6 since June 7, 2021; overcome sepsis, and is receiving 24/7 antibiotics for Osteomyelitis (bone and muscle infection) until end of Dec., and oral as determined. Pastoral prayers needed, Brother John

    ReplyDelete