Thursday, December 28, 2017

Wow, it is colder than a polar bear’s butt out there. All I did was go down to the mailbox to put something in it and I was chilled to the bone by the time I got back in the house. My weather channel app says it is seventeen degrees outside and I believe it. I suspect the windchill may have knocked the “feels like” temperature down another ten degrees.

The cold has stopped the flow of crises to the buffet though. I filled everything up yesterday afternoon and this morniing all of the feeders have guests including of course, a couple of squirrels. Again the electric bird bath is the place to be. I have several cardinals this morning and a blue jay at the watering hole. The ground is alive with junkos and finches and cardinals too.

Yesterday, despite the cold we ventured out to do a little grocery shopping. Ms. Kate had it in mind that she wanted to make a pot of stew for supper so we went out to Sam’s Club and picked up some chuck roast and she put it in the cooker. It turned out delicious. It as just was we needed on a cold winter night. We also went to Penn Station forlunch. We love their sandwiches and especially their french fries. I had what they called an Italian sausage sandwich and didn’t really enjoy it. I think that is the first thing that I have had at a Penn Station that I didn’t enjoy. I think it may have been made with Genoa salami rather than what I expected it to be made with. But, I learned to not order it again. Besides, the fries were delicious. I wold be hard pressed to chose between Penn Satation and Five Guys in a french fry battle.

When Julie came over last week she brought me a “23 & Me” dna kit. Since we know nothing about my actual ancestry she wanted me to send it off. I have already done the Ancestry.Com test and it shows that my ancestry comes frrom upper Europe. Being the kid from a sealed adoption makes it difficult to find out anything. There are a lot of mysteries around my adoption; lots of secrets and fabrications. I don’t know that spitting in these little tubes will clear an of that up but what the heck. It will be interesting to see if the rules come back the same as the first test.

Tomorrow I take Ms. Kate’s car in for oil change etc. It is certainly due. My warranty and service plan includes free oil changes etc for the first few years. So it isn’t a painful process at all. And, they will get the car all cleaned up too. My truck is also due to be taken in.

I have set here long enough for the birds to come back for another round of food so I have probably set here too long. I think I need to move on to other things. Have a blessed day and stay warm. Thank God for all of your blessings. Peace.

1 comment: