Saturday, December 23, 2017

If we need a word to describe the weather this morning —- Nasty!  It has rained all night and now there are huge flakes of snow coming down. I have to admit, it’s like looking at my neighborhood through a snow globe which actually isn’t a bad thing. The squirrels don’t seem bothered by it nor do any of my morning aviary guests at the buffet. There will be no accumulation of it as it is melting on contact. I’m glad I’m not having to drive in it and I worry about Jim and Jules as they head this way from Louisville area. All of this weather is headed to her house.

Ms. Kate and I just finished wrapping the last of the presents for the kids (Jim & Jules). I don’t know how we are so far behind. Ms. Kate always has everything done for Christmas by the 15th of December, but not this year. I know we took eight days of vacation a couple of weeks ago but that doesn’t account for it. I think for some reason, we just haven’t gotten motivated or in a Christmas Spirit mindset. I don’t want to become one of those people that says; “It’s just not worth the hassle anymore”, but I feel myself leaning that way. Ten years ago we were still putting up and decorating ten Christmas trees of one size or another in this house. Now —- I got one up and it barely fits the bill. You know, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we don’t entertain anymore. We never have company except when Julie and Jim come over. If the other girls do make it here, it might be once every eighteen months. We don’t throw parties like we used to. We have become Mr. and Mrs. Fuddy Duddy. What a shame.

I think she still has another kind of cookie to bake yet today. They are mixed up but she has to roll them out and bake them yet. I’m not sure what kind they will be. Although, they kind of look like sugar cookies to me. And, since she just asked me to find a box of powdered sugar, I’d say that icing in soon in the making.

We had a nice lunch yesterrday with Bob and his daughter, Brenda. They both seem to be handling this “first Christmas” pretty well. My heart still goes out to them.

The major rain has stopped and we had a few minutes of snow and now it is sprinkling again. BUt, the sky is much brighter and with luck, we’ll be seeing a little sunshine before the day is over. That’s southern Indiana weather for you. Juanita wait, what ever you want will cycle around soon enough.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and Ms. Kate’s birthday. We have no big plans. Church in the morning and then I think we are going to go to the Christmas Eve service at St. Paul’s and worship with our friends there. I pray your weekend is full of wonder and joy. Have a blessed day.



No comments:

Post a Comment