Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday has arrived . I was up earlier this morning so I could get to the post office ahead of the crowd and get our packages sent. I didn’t beat the crowd by much. By the time I got to the counter there was a line out the door. There was only one clerk working but she had the great customer service attitude. Bless her heart. She is going to have a long day. My grandson Josh works for the Post Office in his area and says it has been slammed for weeks. Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Amazon all add to their workload. They are shoving packages out the door as fast as they can. So I send a shout out to the Postal workers this time of year. The customer in front of me thismorning was kind enough to Bros off a couple of donuts for the lady behind the counter. I hope she finds time to eat them. Anyway, that checks one thing on the list to be done.

I managed to get the Christmas tree brought up from the basement last night. I put it together today. Maybe that will be next on my list. Ms. Kate says we have to go to the grocery store today and she plans to start on making the cookies. We don’t need to make a bunch but it wouldn’t be Christmas without cookies now would it? I mean, what would you leave for Santa —— rum and coke??? I hardly think so, He has to drive. (Wow, where did that random thought come from? I haven’t had a rum and coke in twenty five years!!)

I have lots of cardinals here again this morning and somebody let it leak to the squirrels that the feeders had been filled. There have been four here most of the morning. They can’t decide whether they want to eat or chase each other  or what. So, between the four squirrels, a couple of starlings, a couple of titmouse & mockingbirds, and maybe as many as fifteen cardinals, I have a busy buffet this morning. It is a wonderful sight, and it is a wonderful blessing.

He sun is trying to peek though the clouds this morning but is not having a lot of luck. It doesn’t feel too cold out there. Sweatshirts and jeans are about all I need unless I stay out for awhile. But, it is is time to get busy and take Ms. Kate to the store.  I hope you are having a happy wonderful day fille with Christmas spirit. This is the season of God’s great gift. There is no room for sad faces and bad attitudes. Smile at people while you are out and about today. You just might be the one bright spot in someone’s otherwise terrible day. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment