Monday, December 18, 2017

A good morning to you on this gloomy, misty Monday morning. I trust that your weekend was a good one. Our’s was busy but also a good one. The Christmas tree issue was never solved. I took it back apart and Ms. Kate and I both looked for any male or female plugs that were left unused but to no avail. So, I had two options. I could use it as is or I could throw it out and go downstairs and drag up another tree that is almost identical to it that we had used in another room. We decided to go ahead and use it as is and then after Christmaas it will hit the street. So, our Christmas tree has a swirl of dark area on it. I put enough Christmas balls on it so as to try and make it look better but I’m not sure I have improved the situation. On the other hand —- who’s going to see it? From the street it appears we have a Christmas tree and the only people that will actually see it are Jim and Julie and they will only be at the house for 72 hours. We’ll just be satisfied that we have met the intent.

Ms. Kate has some cookie dough mixed up and will most likely bake them today. With a little luck there will still be some for Christmas. I am the original Cookie Monster. I’m also very specific about my cookies. They must be crisp. I know that there are people that love their cookies to be warm and gooey right out of the oven. I on the other hand want my cookies crisp. If they are chocolate chip, I want them frozen. Soft cookies just don’t fit my description of a good cookie.

I have all of the Christmas cards addressed. Ms. Kate made over 100 Christmas cards and they are really nicely done. Today I need to take them to the post office and get them mailed. Some of them might need a little extra postage so I’ll run a sample through the post office scales and determine what I need.

Yesterday the Chancel Choir presented their cantata and it was beautiful. I’ve said it before but churches that have a choir are so very fortunate. I think a choir adds so much to the worship experience. It doesn’t even have to be a “good choir” as long as it is a group of people lifting their voices in praise to God. Fortunately, the last two choirs I have had the experience of hearing and or being a part of, are very good and very dedicated even if not large.

I’m writing this morning from the Orthopedic clinic. I brought Ms. Kate to get another shot in her hand for her arthritis. She hates having it done but it does help her for several months. I wish she could get a shot in her upper spine and neck, Her arthritis in those areas give her so much pain. BUt, she just takes Tylenol and we put Biofreeze on it.

I know this will be a busy week for everybody as Christmas Eve is just six days away. I pray you will take time to remember what this season is all about. Christ didn’t come to earth just for them fun of it. He came to save our very soul. Please take time to express your gratitude for thaat in all you do. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment