Friday, December 29, 2017

It’s another coooooooold morning, altough not as bad as yesterday. We’re supposed to be having a one day reprieve with temperature almost up to thirty today. But tomorrow the bottom drops out again. Oh well, it is what it is and it is December 29th.

My morning started off with taking the Caddy to the dealership for routine maintenance; oil change etc.  Unfortunately, I’m 2000 miles over my free maintenance plan so I had to pay today. No copmplaints; it’s been nice though that I haven’t had to pay for an oil change or anything for the last 50,000 miles. I walked around the Cadillac dealership showroom looking at the new cars while they were servicing mine and decided that $77.00 every 7500 miles is a good deal compared to what they want for the 2017’s they have in the showroom. I was looking at a 2017 Escalade and it had two major things going against it. First, —- it was $97,000 and second, it was so big that Ms, Kate nor I could get in it comfortably. Nah, that won’t be my next car.

The starlings are taking baths this morning. Twenty-seven degrees and they are in the bird bath taking baths and walking around in it like it is summer and they are in a wading pool. How the water doesn’t freeze on their feathers is a mystery to me. The cardinals have been at the bird bath several times since I got home, getting drinks. I filled that bird bath first thing this morning when I got up and I’m going to have to fill it again because of all the water the starlings have splashed out of it. The squirrels this morning are playing “challenge and chase”. They challenge one another at a feeder and then the case one another all around the yard and up and down the trees. It’s fun to watch and noisy when they go tromping across the roof.

Yesterday I published my 1000th Notes From the Sunporch blog. I just want to say that I have enjoyed starting my day out like this each morning and I appreciate that some of you have been steady readers for the last 1000 issues. Sometimes some of you write comments back and they are always welcome. In the meantime, stay warm, talk to God often, and be kind to one another. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment