Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tuesday evening and our last night in Las Vegas. We have transferred over to Treasure Island for the last night. One of the first things we did when we got over here was to go for lunch in the cafe. It is one of my favorite places out here. The service is always good and the food is too.

It has been a nice vacation, the best part of course being the visit from Heather and the family. Ms. Kate's sister is staying two extra days. But --- I'm ready to be home. I got stuff to do not the least of which is to get started on a sermon for the last Sunday of the month. Pastor Art is taking his final Sunday of vacation and I'm filling in. I am always so happy to be able to do that but I know that I need to get started.

We are going to miss the 65 degree weather that Las Vegas is having. I think the high temperature back home is about 45 degrees on the good days. But, at least it is supposed to be dry when we get home with no snow or ice to drive through. We have come home in the winter and had to do a white knuckle drive on ice the entire way from Nashville. Those are never fun.

When we get home, we'll need to get the Christmas cards addressed and sent out and the Christmas tree put up. I'm not sure if Julie and Jim are planning on coming over this weekend or not. Speaking of Julie, if I may brag a minute, She just finished her first semester of college in many years and brought home an "A" in every course. I am really proud of her. The kid is smart --- always has been. All of our girls are smart and all of them are in Management/Executive positions. God has blessed each and every one of us.

That's it from Las Vegas. I won't be writing tomorrow so the next blog will once again be from the sun-porch. Until then I hope you experience nothing but God's blessings. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment