Thursday, December 1, 2016

Welcome to December 2016. It has been a long time coming it seems. But, this is the first morning in a long time that I got up and there was nothing that I absolutely need to do. My IPad Google calendar told me "You have no events" today. What a nice thing to see. Ms. kate is off to the beauty parlor for a hair trim. She had hope to get a perm before we go to Vegas but her beautician couldn't fit her in. When she gets back from her appointment we need to go do some banking and a little running around.

I thought I'd not be going up to the churches yesterday, but --- the new pastor was having trouble printing the bulletins and needed me to show him again. I'm glad I did because I found an error in his bulletin that might have raised some eyebrows and he doesn't need that on his first day. So, he'll fix that today and then try again. At least he has me to show him; ---- I was totally on my own with no help and not even an old bulletin to start from when I started at the churches. But, I walked him through the process once again. He'll do fine once he gets into a routine.

It is a beautiful morning. The sun is shining through the fire bushes giving off a red glow to that side of the yard. I can tell that won't last much longer though because the leaves are starting to fall from them. The neighbor's Bradford Pear tree is starting to loose it's leaves too out in the front yard. Yep, winter is here as this is the first day of  meteorlogical winter; what ever that means. Last night the weatherman said we might have a "winter mix" on Sunday morning of rain, snow flakes,  and a little sleet. It sounds like I need to get out in the garage and figure out how to swap my mower deck for my snow blade. I'm not expecting any measureable snow any time soon but I want to be ready when it does happen. He has predicted around seventeen inches for the winter which should provide multiple opportunities for me to play out there in the driveway and streets with my new John Deere.

The last of the Christmas cards went in the mail box yesterday afternoon. That makes us done for Christmas preparation. Although, I still need to come up with a Christmas present for Ms. Kate and a birthday present too. Her birthday is December 24th. The problem is --- when you get to be our age and have been married over fifty years; you get to a point where not only have your "needs" decreased significantly, but your "wants" have mostly been satisfied. She has asked me what I would like for a Christmas present and I honestly can't think of a single thing other than sharing the day with her, and hopefully at least one of the girls. Last year I took her to a show in Vegas for her birthday and we counted it as her "birthday present".

Ms. Kate is back and it is time to get a move on. I pray you will have a wonderful day full of joy and peace. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment