Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tuesday the 27th of December, one day less of 2016. I think it is time for this year to be over. It is currently 2130 hrs and we are winding up the last of the things we need to do before we head out on vacation tomorrow. To be honest we have really kind of drug our feet this afternoon so that we didn't jump out and get on the road today. It is only about 750 miles down to Lisa's house and we generally break that into two days. With as much as Lisa and Gary have on their plates at the moment with getting Amanda into rehab, they don't need us to crash in on them early  and add to their stress.

I started to write my blog this morning. I wish you could have seen the beautiful red feathers that was on one of the woodpeckers that was at my feeder this morning. It was brilliant I don't have a favorite color and maybe that is because my color definition is skewed. I 'm not "color blind" per se' but I have what they call a "green deficiency", meaning that I don't see certain colors and shades of green. Since green is a primary color that makes up other colors, I probably don't see what colors really look like. Any way, I do seem to be drawn to the color of red. I like my beautiful cardinals and I love the red I see on some finches and the woodpeckers. This morning's fellow was sitting so that the sun hit those red feather just right. Red is the color that represents the Holy Spirit and I tell myself that seeing one of my fine feathered friends with their beautiful red plumage is a whisper of "Good Morning" from God.

I want to catch you up on our family drama with our oldest granddaughter Amanda. Lisa and Gary got her to her rehab facility yesterday afternoon and thankfully, ---- she was anxious to go and get started on her detoxing process and rehabilitation. Of course, with addicts of any kind --- life become one day at a time. However, Lisa talked to her for a few minutes this afternoon and she was still upbeat. She has already been allowed to move up to "community living" from detox, thanks mostly to the time she spent in the hospital.  So, we are all praying daily that she will successfully complete this program and then can get into a good followup program after she "graduates" from her current program.

Tomorrow morning  Ms. Kate and I will jump i the car and head to North Carolina. We want to be there to support Lisa. Gary and grandson Matthew are heading to New Mexico to see Gary's dad who is also in bad health. The old adage; "when it rain's it pours" seems to have some merit. We just didn't want Lisa to be alone right now.

This will be my last post for a couple of days. I'll be back on Friday morning as I set in Lisa's sun porch and watch her birds. Until then I wish you peace in your soul and I ask for your continued prayers. And, --- while you have God's undivided attention, I'd ask you to say a prayer for neighbor Dan whose is having his own set of family health and drama issues. You don't need to know what they are --- God already knows. But, please lift them up too. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment