Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas! It finally got here; the gifts are unwrapped, the stockings are empty, and Ms. Kate made a great breakfast. Now we are trading nap times around here as we doze off in our chairs and one un-named person (Julie) secretly films you as you enjoy a good snore. That was rude.

Our Christmas Eve was nice as we celebrated Ms. Kate's birthday. Ms. Kate and I had picked up a really nice Prime Rib and fixed it along with mashed potatoes and green beans. I had baked an Angel Food cake for her earlier yesteday morning and we had that with some ice cream. . After supper we visited for a while and watched a movie. Then I went to the 110:00 PM worship service at a church here in the neighborhood. It was a candlelight and communion service and I really enjoyed going. With all that has happened in the past week, I needed some church time. Yes, I have taken the opportunity many times in the past week to offer up prayers but sometimes, (and I said this often as a pastor) a person needs to sit in the pews and draw strength from others in a faith community atmosphere. We each had our own prayers last night at that service, I'm sure; however, the joint uplifting is healthy for the soul.

Our granddaughter Amanada will most likely be discharged tomorrow straight to a rehabilitation facility. That is the hope of all concerned, at least as far as the family is concened. We don't know at the moment how Amanda feels because she is going to say what she thinks we want to hear. I know she is scared, but if she is going to sate any chance at all of helping herself, this is a must do. The alternative is most certainly a continual downward spiral and possibly death. Unacceptable.

This coming week, Ms. Kate and I will head to North Carolina  to be with Lisa for awhile. Her hubby and son, Matt are flying to New Mexico on Friday to spend a few days with Gary's dad. Hopefully, we will be able to drive down to the rehab facility and see Amanda for an hour at some point. I don't know if they will allow that or not. Ms. Kate and I think it would do Amanda good to know that we are standing behind her regardless of her life choices and we are there to support her. I'm not sure how long we will stay in NC.

It is time to go sit with the family for awhile. Ms. Kate is going to make shrimp and grits for our Christmas meal. I'm looking forward to that.

Enjoy your Christmas and reach out in love to someone today. Sending the peace of a new born Christ child your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment