Saturday, December 17, 2016

Hard to believe it is December 17th and it is 63 degrees outside here in southern Indiana. Allegedly we are in for some heavy rain yet today and them the temperature is to drop down into the 10 - 15 degree range. I guess we will see what actually happens.

I have mostly cardinals and a couple of varieties of woodpeckers this morning at the buffet. Only one squirrel has bothered to come around. Earlier I had a bunch of starlings here but they didn't stay long. The feeders are mostly all full so I don't have to worry about that today. It has rained somee anyway and I didn't wat to have to slip around out there.

I finally got the mowing deck switched out from the John Deere and got the new snow blade put on. I was amazed at how little effort it took to get that deck off; --- four cotter pins and a belt twist. Putting the snow blade on was a bit more of a challenge though. The biggest difficulty being that pieces are sturdy and heavy and I was trying to to do it by myself while laying on the ground etc. It would have been so very much easy had I had a second pair of hands. But --- I am an impatient cuss at times to my own detriment. Dan was ready to help me do that swap today but I was determined to try to do it myself first. So the fact that I am sore today is something I earned.

Ms. Kate and I went to the movie again last night for the 2130 showing of Rogue One. It was pretty good, I thought. We got home around midnight. The theater wasn't crowded at all and now that so many of the theaters have these nice recliners for seating, it is really comfortable.

I've spent a good deal of my morning talking to my girls on Facebook Messenger. I love that feature. We can all get on there at one time and it is as close to all of us being together as is posssible with them all being hundreds of miles away. So, we chit-chat on and off with us coming in and out of the conversation. We've had a running conversation about nothing but "stuff" going on in our daily lives for a couple of years now I think.

I guess that is it for today. The sun is trying to actually come out and there is a couple of Cardinals just sitting on the birdbath soaking it all up and looking beautiful. No matter how drab my back yard might look during winter --- the cardinals always seeem to be the bright spot. I consider it a "hello" form God. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment