Wednesday, December 14, 2016

And a happy Wednesday morning to you. Our vacation ends today with a flight back to the midwest and reality this evening. We catch a 4:45 p.m. Flight out of Vegas and get into Louisville at about midnight. It is 34 degrees there this morning and thee forecast call for it to be in the teens when we land. We're leaving this 60 degree stuff behind. Julie's is supposed to be there to bring our car and we are planning to spend the night at her place. However ---- she has had a terrible stomach flu for the past two days and I'm now not sure we need to intermingle our germs. So --- depending on the weather and how everybody is feeling we may just drop her at her house and head back to Evansville. It is only a couple of hour drive. And we'll be wired and tired from the trip anyway.

A shout out to my sister this morning for a Happy Birhday. She turned 71 today. Here's hoping she has a healthy and happier year.

We went to another show last evening here at the Palazzo. It was called BAZ. It was what I would call a "modern-day" opera. Lots of singing and dancing ---- most songs written specifically for the show although there were tunes one could recognize. It was hard to follow and we had been told it might be. The concept was that it was a complication of three "Love/Drama/Tragedy" stories; Moulon Rouge, The Great Gatsby, and Romeo and Juliet. The singers and dancers and musicians all did a really great job --- but that doesn't mean I liked it.  The Clint Holmes show we saw the night before was I think much better because I knew some of the songs. Although, I guess I thought with a name like "Clint Holmes" it was going to be some country music. Not a note! But the two shows filled the evening with something beside throwing money down the one armed bandits.

So, we finished our slot tournament yesterday. Ms. Kate finished in the top one hundred and got a $100.00 worth of slot credits. I have no idea where I finished because they only post the top one hundred. BUt, I knew gong in that I was only guaranteed to spend my $100.00 entry fee. Since she was an invited gust --- I guess she won back my fee. It all works out and the tournaments are fun to play. There is nothing to them except to sit there and hit the "Play" button for three minutes as fast as you can and hope something winning pops up. It all depends on the machine you get each particular round. BUt --- the top prize for this one was $7,500 in slot credits so it was worth a total of nine mintes of our time for each of us.

I'm going to wrap this up and my next blog entry will be from back home again in Indiana. I know the birds will be glad to have me back home to finally fill the feeders and I will be glad to be back home to fill them and enjoy them. I enjoy a vacation once in awhile but I'm reall becoming a home body and am comfortable in my home surroundings.

Have a blesssed day. Take time to talk to your Lord and God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment