Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Wednesday the 21st of December. welcome to the Winter Solstace; the shortest day of the year. This is also my youngest daughter Lisa's birthday. What a joy she is to all of our lives. But --- it is hard to believe that "our baby" is now 45 years old. It seems like only yesterday that she was born; and now she is grown, has two adult children, a Master's Degree, owns a home, has an important job with the set of North Carolina Health Care System, and owns a business with her husband. And --- she is a good person, a very caring person, a good citizen, and has a strong faith system. On all levels she is a successful person. What is really neat is that Ms. Kate and I have two more just like her. We are a blessed family and I give God all praise and credit for that. 

The temperature has risen from 23 to 33 since I have been sitting here. The sun is just now really coming through the clouds which will help to warm it up some more. I've been on Facebook messenger this morning talking to one daughter or another. It is just the perfect way to start my day; coffee in my cup and conversation at my finger tips. When I finish my blog today I need to go outside and fill bird feeders again this morning. I see several empty ones hanging out there. I have a few suet cakes that they are eating from but I need to put out some more sunflower seed and some seed cakes. I may have to make my way to Wild Birds and Things today and pick up some more stuff. I haven't taken stock of my inventory for a couple of days but I know I'm low on some of the stuff I usually put out. I hate to think of going out there to Wild Birds because it is on the east side of town and that is where all of the traffic is. Most of the businesses are on the east side of town and it gets to be a madhouse this time of year. At least the weather is nice and it isn't raining or snowing. 

Ms. Kate is beginning to work on the Christmas meal planning. Julie and Jim are coming in on Saturday after they get off of work etc. They will stay until Monday morning. Saturday evening we have dinner reservations at a fairly exclusive place to celebrate Ms. Kate's Christmas Eve birthday. So, that leaves only Sunday to really worry about. I know she will go to too much trouble and worry too much about it because that's what she does. But in reality, our needs are very simple and I for one certainly don't see a need for a "special meal". It is probably just as well that I'm not the meal planner. She has, however, come up with a couple of delicious ideas that I look forward to if they come to fruition. 

The cardinals are back again for round two at the feeders so I think I'll drop off and just enjoy their beauty foor awhile. I pray you will have a blessed day. It is the season of love and miracles so stay in touch with the Christ Child; your trust will never be misplaced. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment