Tuesday, December 20, 2016

It is a sunny, 25 degree morning that greets me this morning. That is so much better than waking to single degree temperatures. Not that I plan to go out in it right away, mind you, but it "looks" a bit warmer at least. Just having the sunshine helps brighten the day and the spirit.

I finally came up with an idea for Ms. Kate to give me for a Christmas present. We saw a floor lamp at Mejiers last week that would look good behind my Baby Grand Keyboard. Many years ago, back in the mid-nineties, I was stationed at March Air Force Base and our Deputy Group Commander  had a really beautiful floor lamp behind her keyboard that I loved. I've been looking for one like it ever since. This one isn't identical but it is on the same idea. So, we went out last night and got it. It was the only one they had of that model so we had to take the floor display one. But --- it now sets securely and beautifully behind my keyboard. So, thank you Santa and Ms. Kate for my new lamp. I told you I'm a man of few needs and therefore hard to shop for. That's why my girls all buy me gift cards. It makes my Christmas and birthdays last all year long as I go in to Lowes or Cold Stone Creamery and get "free stuff". And now, Ms. Kate won't feel bad because I didn't give her an idea for a present.

The Electoral College of the United States all cast their ballots yesterday for President of the United States. President Elect Trump was solidified as the 45th President of the UNited States. There were of course protests and shouting and whining across America because his opponent, Hillary Clinton had received three million "popular votes" more than Trump. But --- that is our system. It is designed to give voice to the American voter who lives outside of the huge mega-cities. I don't know if Mr. Trump is going to be a good president or not, although I voted for him. I do think he will turn the country back around to more traditional values that I grew up with; things like honesty and integrity and working for a living and not expecting someone to hand you everything for free. The last eight years have been a disaster for free thinking people and people who are traditionalist. It is going to be a tough transition for the "easily offended". Our current president, (who I voted for twice) promised "hope and change" which sounded very good. It wwas a very "Christian" sounding message. However it translated to "you don't have to work for anything, the government will just give it to you." It translated to to you dan't have to have any respect for law and order because you have a right to do anything you want to do in this country regardless of how it might impact someone else. It translated to don't concern yourself with the laws of the country because you have the "right" to be happy no matter what. And so --- hatred and bigotry have become the norm and peace and caring about one another went out the window years ago and the focus on "Me and my feelings" have become all that matters. We're in for a cultural revolution once again. I pray daily that what ever is done is done through peace.

No more "rant". It is Christmas week. We'll have a warmer and wet Christmas here in southern Indiana. It's a good thing I have my Christmas present because there will be no snow for Sannta's sleigh!

Peace, love , and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment