Friday, December 16, 2016

I read a thing on Facebook this morning that said when a Red Cardinal shows up at your window you are having a visitor from heaven. I have read hat many times in the past and have even used it before myself. But --- I have a host of heavenly visitors this morning; at least fifteeen cardinals this morning. I also have wrens, nuthatch, song sparrows, a mocking bird, titmouse, woodpeckers, and four fat squirrels filling their bellies at the feeders. It is a perfect morning here in the sunporch.

Welcome to a 25 degreee cloudy Friday morning. It is supposed to go to 37 degrees today as rain moves in later today and all day tomorrow. The wind is certainly going to keep the rain moving up this way from the south. Tomorrow we are actually supposed to get to around 60 degrees and then have a 50 degree temperature drop down to 10 degrees. Add that flash drop to wet roads and there won't be a lot of traveling to churches on Sunday morning. What a roller coaster.

Nine more days to Christmas. Somehow I'm not excited about all of that this year. Maybe it is the lack of having to prepare services, worry about whether the weather will be good enough for people to get back and forth to the services. I don't know. Ms. Kate still has some cards to make and we need to get them sent out. But, the Christmas decorations, as minimal as they are, are up. The cookies have been made and mostly eaten by now. The presents for the kids are long sent away, and Ms. Kate and I have no clue about what we might get each other as a gift. I bought her a birthday present before we took off on our vacation. It ws a pair or "Beats", which is a new set of wireless earphone for her music to use with her IPad so she can listen to her music etc. Yesterday I picked up another little something and while we were out in Vegas I took her to the Coach Factory outlet and bought her a little something. But that is it. She has had me wracking my brain for a gift something she can get me but I honestly can't think of a thing. I have everything I need and I have everything I truly want. Ms. Kate is alive and well. My children are healthy and happy and are truly good people and we are all fully engaged in a family of love. I have a home, I have food, I have great neighbors and a wonderful faith family. And I have the true peace of God in my heart and the peace of knowing Jesus Christ died for me and therefore I have salvation in the next life. My only regret is an estranged relationship with my sister that should never have happened but may never be fully repaired. But, we have I guess come to "terms".

So, --- if I'm not excited about Christmas, it is because I already have Christmas in my heart and I hope you do too. Have a most wonderful day and stay warm. I've said a prayer for you today and that means I have shared God's love with you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment