Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Good afternoon from Green Valley Ranch Resort in Henderson, NV. It is a sunny 53 degree morning. I'm down in the food court area having a cup of coffee and watching people. Ms. Kate and I arrived last evening. We had a good flight out here and the plane was about two thirds full which meant we weren't crowded in.

We had bad news last evening though. My Uncle Howard Heumann passed away last evening from a Heart attack. He was 92 and he was a fun guy. I am so glad we just did our cousin's reunion last month and he and Aunt Louise were able to be there. But --- I had said all along that I didn't want our next meeting with the cousins to be at a funeral. That's why Ms. Kate and I push for our own family reunions at least every two years. One never knows when it will be the last time we see our loved ones.

I'm still suffering from my terrible cold. I'm living on Mucenex and Robitussin. I slept fairly well last night but when I got up this morning I thought I was going to cough my lungs out.  All of that stuff that built up over night wanted out as soon as my feet hit the floor. I need one of Dr. Jackson's magic shots that he has Fran give me when I get this way. It is an antibiotic. Most of the day I do alright but I can sure tell when my medicine wears off. I lose the ability to breath. I've had this for a week now and I'm hoping it has begun to run ut of steam.

This is National Finals Rodeeo week here in Vargas. Kate's sister Karen is going this evening. She got free tickets with her reservation. We could have had some too but really didn't want to go. Tonight is the Lobster Speecial at a favorite and we don't want to miss that. We'll be here at Green Valley yet tonight and tomorrow we move to The "M" resort at the extreme south end of the Las Vegas Blvd. Karen will be staying there at the same time. Then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday we will be at The Palazzo Resort on the Las Vegas Strip. It too is a 5-Star resort. We are entered into a slot tournament there. They are fun to do but we've never come close to winning anything.

So, that is it for this Wednesday afternoon. I hope your day is going well. I know back home it is super cold and I'm glad we are missing it this first time around.  Call someone you love today just because you can. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment