Saturday, February 7, 2015

You can have your Pauxatawney Rat; --- I'll take Ms. Kate's daffodills and crocuses which are up through the ground a half an inch, right on schedule, six weeks before spring. The crocus aren't blooming yet, but they are up; or perhaps that is the grape hyacinths. I guess I'm not sure. Which ever, it is wonderful to see new life popping through the ground. I'll also rely on my Goldfinches, some of which are starting to turn to their summer colors and are becoming a little more yellow. They are also becoming more numerous as they begin to migrate back from Mexico. I find all of that exciting, especially on a bright sunny 41° morning. Its all just a continuation of the fullfillment of the promises of God. The earth sleeps; the earth awakes. People pass away and new babies are born. Life goes on. Shall we all now break out in singing "The Circle of Life"?

I filled all of the feeders again yesterday. Today I need to go rob a bank so I can go to the bird feed store. Well, okay, it isn't quite that bad but I'll bet I don't get out of there for less than $100.00. Just last week I bought another 50# of black oil sunflower seed and have used well over half of that by now. Right now the price for that isn't too bad; I think I paid about $23.00 for 50#. At one time a couple of years ago it went up to over $40.00 for a bag that size. However, it is all still cheaper than a lot of other vices a fellow could have.

Ms. Kate and I have several other shopping stops to make today too. We need to go to Dewigs, our wonderful butcher shop. We need to go to Sam's, a really horrible idea on a Saturday. She has a couple of coupons from various craft stores, so I'll hold down my spot in the parking lot there. I need to drop off a couple of things at the churches and might as well do that while we are up at Dewig's, or it can wait until tomorrow. We need to go to the nursing home so Ms. Kate can see her aunt and I can visit with my mother and take a couple of her bills to her and write out her checks for her. Yep, --- it is going to be a run around day. The great thing though is that it is such a beautiful day to be out of the house. So I offer up prayers of thanksgiving for that blessing.

The Robin is busy hopping around the yard this morning and even the Doves are running around to and fro. My ever beautiful Cardinal is here and has brought lots of friends. What a pleasant and serene sight. I hope your day is filled with as much beauty and peace as mine has been. God is indeed good.

No comments:

Post a Comment