Monday, February 16, 2015

It is 18° with snow this morning. We have maybe two or three inches here so far but it is supposed to continue for maybe another six or seven hours. Projected snowfall is all over the place but the general consensus seems to be a total of around eight inches. But, whatever, I don't have any right to complain. It has been a very mild winter so far. So, when the snow stops, I'll get on the Deere and clean up the driveway and street.

I can't begin to count the number of birds out at the feeders this morning. With all of the Blackbirds, Grackels, and Starlings out there, it literally looks like a scene out of "The Birds". My guess is that there are a hundred of those kind of birds. Then I also have my Cardinals, Goldfinches, Sparrows, Housefinches, Wrens, and Junkos. The Grackels ran the squirrels off by pecking at them. I filled thirteen feeders yesterday and they will be totally empty by this evening. I had a whole row of birds up next to the glass doors looking in and I don't know how many birds have flown into the doors this morning. Its just one "thunk" after another.

It has been a good weekend. The church services were well attended despite the cold weather. I thought we would be "thin" on attendance but was glad to see that folks wrapped up in their coats and came on out. I'm hoping this weather this week won't force us to cancel the Ash Wednesday service. But I would cancel it I thought it wouldn't be safe to be out.

Ms. Kate and I had a nice Valentine's evening at our favorite resturant. It was a reservations only night and the place was full. We had reservations for five o'clock and had to wait maybe fifteen minutes because they didn'have a table. But the food was delicious as always and we ate way too much. Yesterday Ms. Kate made up a big pot of Pasta Fagoli, which is kind of an Italian chili/vegetable soup. It is perfect for days like this. And --- her's is much better than the Olive Garden's.

We are waiting anxiouly for a report from my sister this morning. Byron had his blood draw on Friday and we are waiting for his report of results from the oncologist. We pray his numbers have not gone up. Last month they went up five points, a trend we don't want to see happen.

I give thanks for the beauty this snow brings this morning. At the same time I pray people will be safe out there. There have been a lot of weather related deaths across the country in the last month, mainly due to massive traffic pile ups. I pray all of you will be safe. Spring is on the way. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment