Saturday, February 14, 2015

And it is Saturday again already. Gosh, the weeks do seem to fly by. I've always heard "old people" say that and I must have reached that point where it has become a reality. February 2015 is officially half over, and it will be spring in five weeks. Although, it doesn't look very "springish" out there at the moment. We have a rain/snow mixture coming down at the moment. The sidewalk is getting covered with little ice pellets. It was forecasted last evening that an artic front would be coming through and it appears to be happening. I have not heard the weather reports or news this morning yet so I don't know how bad it is up where Josh lives. They were predicted another full blown blizzard and another foot of snow.   Those folks up there are certainly in my prayers this morning.

We had a bit of an "uh-oh" this morning. At some point the GFI on the plug where my bird bath is plugged in had tripped, and the bird bath was frozen over. I have reset it and the ice has melted, but I may need to keep an eye on that. That is the first time that has happened. I don'know if the bird bath is finally going bad or if the plug is going bad. Those birds out there know as much about electricity as I do.

The birds have stripped all of the smaller feeders of their food already. The bark butter feeders are empty, the suet feeders are empty, the pellet feeders are empty and most of the nyger seed is gone. I have a flock of Starlings and Blackbirds that are cleaning up the seed on the ground under the sunflower seed feeders. That's a good thing since they are the ones who are responsible for stripping all of the small feeders. There is still a lot of food out there so I'm not rushing out there to fill stuff back up.

It is mostly just snowing now. I think it would be a good time to refill my coffee cup and just snuggle under my lap robe and watch the critters and maybe even snooze a bit. Life is good, God is great and it is not only Valentines Day, it is also my day off. Why not take advantage of it?

I hope you have a pleasant weekend and if you are needing to be out and about in bad weather, I pray you will be safe. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment