Monday, February 23, 2015

What a great looking Monday! The sky is clear blue and the sun is shining brightly. Were it something other than 10° with a -7° windchill factor, it would be pleasant out there.

I still haven't gone out and filled the birdfeeders and they get more empty each day. Amazingly enough, they still have some food out there on the ground and in some of the feeders. It just isn't their "preferred feeders" or their "preferred kind of food". And I keep the birdbath filled for them too. But, --- I will go out and fill everything up today sometime.

It has been a strange weekend. No church yesterday and we have been fairly housebound. Ms. Kate says she hasn't been out of the house but only once in the last ten days and I can believe that. But on the other hand, we got our taxes done and filed, I've gotten some reading and writing done, she has made a big stack of greeting cards for use in bringing happiness to others, I've kept the street and several drive ways and sidewalks clear of ice and snow, so it hasn't been wasted time. But today we "bust out" and go take care of some errands. I find it interesting that despite the fact that we live in a 3000 sq. ft. house that contains everything we own, after just a few days of confining bad weather, we can feel "closed in". Remind me to never put myself in a position to go to jail.

Did you watch the Oscars last night? I watched the last 25 minutes or so while waiting for the news. In my "grumpisms", I just have fundamental problem with all of these award shows. Millions of people tune in to watch Hollywood reward and award themselves for in reality, doing nothing more than pretending to be someone they aren't. And, most of those who pick up their little gold statues have already been paid more for that one performance than most people see in their entire life. And yet real heros, people who put their life on the line for their community or their country go un-noticed and unrecognized for the most part. And if they are recognized, whether it be a Congressional Medal of Honor for a soldier, a life saving award for a fireman or policeman, or a citizens award for doing something great for the citizens of a community, or recognition for that struggling parent doing their best to take care of their family, --- it might get witnessed by a small room of co- workers and family and a piece of cake before everyone goes back to work. Nah, I'm not big on award shows. When sommeone on a national tv show announces; "And the award for Best Refuse Collector is----- ", call me.

Mr. Red, my cardinal is here to remind me that God is good and I need to quit grumping and start praying and being thankful for the joys in my life. I think he is also here to tell me to get off my butt and go fill feeders. Have a great day. I certainly intend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment