Saturday, February 21, 2015

It is an ice covered world out there this morning. The current temperature is 33° and there is a light rain falling. The sky, the trees, the bushes are all just kind of grey. It is like looking at the world through frosted glass. There is some melting going on but it is slow. I've only seen one vehicle out on the street and she was going down the hill, not up. There is no sunshine predicted for today which is not a good thing. I haven't heard a weather or road status yet today. I need to get on email with my two church councils and see what they think, but from where I'm sitting, I don't see a church service happening in the morning. I hate that because we already had to cancel the Ash Wedneday service. I'll never get my brain wrapped around what I'm doing and when I'm doing it.

The yard is covered this morning with birds. Mostly I have Red-wing blackbirds, starlings, and grackels. But there are also a lot of cardinals, sparrows, junkos, gold finches, wrens, and chickadees. They are all hitting the feeders hard today again. Several of them are empty but until this winter storm is done, they will just get emptier. I've already been through one shoulder repair from falling on ice and I'm not in a hurry to risk it again.

It is totally quiet as I set here with the exception of birdsong from a song sparrow, and the frequent fussing of the blackbirds. Well, --- and I do have a drip, drip, drip from a bit of a leak from the roof of the sun porch. I heard it last night and ran to put a 35 gallon trash can there to catch it. I had maybe three gallon in the can this morning. The roof/ceiling of this thing is made of six inch thick starifoam that is siliconed together. It works well but this has been up for about ten years now and I think I need to have them come in and check it out. This only happened when we have ice but I think the silicone seal breaks a bit. I think they need to come in and scrape up the old caulk and put in new.

I think it is time to vacate the recliner and get on with doing something a bit more productive. I may see if the JD will be able to get the ice off of my driveway. Then again, maybe I'll just go pour another cup of coffee.

Have a wonderful, and spirit filled weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment