Friday, February 6, 2015

A happy 26°, cloudy morning to you. It is a tad cool here in the sun porch but the good news is that I found my Mr. Coffee cup warmer and have it plugged in, turned on, and keeping my coffee warm right beside my recliner. It just took a bit of looking. There are closets in this house that you just don't want to open. They are reminscent of the old radio program; (yes, I'm that old) Fibber McGee and Molly. Every time he opened the closet door you would a loud clashing and clanging as stuff fell out on him. My dad used to love that program as well as Ma and Pa Kettle and Amos and Andy. Mother listened to the old soap operas and every morning we listened to The Breakfast Club. My favorites were Gunsmoke, The Lone Ranger, and The Shadow. ("Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men? The Shadow knows!") Let me tell you; I don't care how high tech your television is, there is no better "high definition" than a child's mind and imagination if they are allowed to use it. Unfortunately, in my opinion we are seeing a generation of kids growing up that will have bigger thumbs than brains and who will never see the world because their eyes never look up from their phone. Okay,  enough of that this morning.

Once again I need to go fill a few of the feeders. Certainly all of the bark butter paste and pellets are gone. The Starlings, various Woodpeckers, Titmouse, and finches love that stuff. Yesterday as I finished my blog I had a had a huge Pilated Woodpecker fly in and take over one if the bark butter paste feeders. I love it when they come in to eat. A couple of Starlings tried to intimidate it but quickly learned about the length of the beak on that Woodpecker. The majority of my birds here this morning are not among my favorites for sure. These Starlings and Grackels, throw as much on the ground as they eat, and they constantly fuss and fight. But, my lovely Cardinal is back and sitting on the bird bath, so,  there is at least one sense of peace and calm in the comotion.

The sun has burned off the clouds as I have set here and God's beautiful blue sky is everywhere I look. It is a great mood brightener, even though my mood was already bright. It makes the outside look warmer and in fact we are supposed to be getting a bit of spring weather this weekend. Ms. Kate and I may need to find somewhere to take a short road trip. Tomorrow is promised to be almost 60°.

I lift up prayers for Byron today. He broke a tooth off and with the medication he is on, dental work is verboten. So, they, his dentist and oncologist, are having to work out a plan. Hopefully they will get him fixed up in short order. I also send up prayers of thanks that Ms. Kate seems to be doing better with her tummy problems but at the same time give prayers for Julie who has come down sick with a cold. If it isn't one thing its another. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Take time out to go to your house of worship. For all God has done for you and all of us this week, that is the least we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment