Thursday, February 12, 2015

The temperature and the wind speed are equal at 23° and 23 mph, bringing the wind chill down to around zero this morning. Whether that is actual wind chill, is irrelevant, cold is cold. There is a fresh dusting of white out there that looks like powdered sugar has been sprinkled across the ground. If the forecasters are correct, we are in for a week of deep freeze weather and may actually have some accumulating snow the first of next week. The bottom line is that winter ain't over yet!

We got most of our errands done yesterday. I was partially correct with my guesstimate of the orthopeadic doctor's diagnosis and treatment for Ms. Kate. She has some arthritis, but that isn't the source of her pain and problem. That is caused by a thickening tendon in her hand. The treatment though was a cortizone shot and stretching excercise. She has a second appointment for another shot in April, should this not fully take care of it.

We finally got the tulip bulbs planted yesterday. The ground worked easily and the temperature was in the upper forties, so we took advantage of it. With any luck, they will be popping their shoots through the ground in about four weeks. I also got the bird feeders all filled again yesterday. It seems I write that every other day. But, all of the small feeders were empty and the big ones were either empty are mostly empty. And, they are all in full use this morning. And --- everyone is playing nice this morning. When I first came out, the place was buzzing with all of the small birds like Junkos, Sparrows, Finches, and my Wrens. Now the transition has been made to the Cardinals, Starlings, Red Headed Woodpeckers, Mockingbird, and the Blue Jay. Of course the fuzzy tailed rats are here too but only a couple of them this morning. The electric bird bath is a popular spot again this morning. I actually saw a rather large Red Headed Woodpecker sitting in the middle of the bird bath drinking. I've never seen one do that before.

The sky is blue with puffy white clouds this morning and the sun is trying to warm the place up. It won't have much success today. But, between the wind and the sun, the snow is already almost all gone. I need to get busy with my day's work. I have to go up to the churches and do some work again this morning. Ms. Kate is waiting on me to carry the laundry out to the laundry area too. So, I reckon I must abandon my warm chair. I could easily sit here a couple more hours.

My prayers go out for friends and relatives that are enduring a variety of different things from cancer to worries about family members. I lift up my cousin Donna who had breast cancer surgery yesterday. I pray for her quick healing, both physically and spiritually. I also lift up Ms. Julie from church as she has to have yet another treatment for her rapidly deteriorating hip. Despite our pains and problems, it should always bring us comfort to know that we never face anything alone. God is always there beside us and will be the source of strength for us when we get to a point when we finally admit we can't handle it alone.

Reach out and touch someone today and let them know you are thinking about them. Sometimes a simple gesture like that can be the brightest spot in someones day. Sharing your blessings is just that simple and easy. Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment