Saturday, September 30, 2023

 It is Saturday after noon and Ms. Kate and I are home. We left Fredericksburg Texas on Thursday morning and made it to Texarkana, AR. Then yesterday morning we decided to try to make it home. We were just tired and didn’t want another hotel bag drag. So, we pushed hard and arrived home just as the sun was setting at 1900 hours. Most everything is still in the car. One of my jobs today is to get everything out of the car and put stuff away. But today so far has been spent relaxing mostly. I did take the car and get it gassed up and 2,000 miles worth of bugs cleaned off of it when I went to the post office to pick up my held mail. 

Ms. Kate made the trip very well. She had a couple of small bouts of nausea but they passed relatively quickly with her medicine for it. It has been months since I saw her feel this good. God is so good. I thank each and everyone of you who has prayed for her. Her ordeal is not over. She still is facing the possibility of colon surgery. She will know more after her appointments with our doctor and her surgeon. It would be nice to think that she is completely healed but the abscess is still there. 

So, there are lots of leaves to mulch up and blow off of my sidewalks. Lots of weeds that need pulling an a lawn that need to be mowed. Some who none of that magically got done while we were gone. But, we did come home to a clean house because our cleaning lady had come on Wednesday and had us prepped and ready. She does such a wonderful job, and goes above and beyond. But, other than bring the stuff in from the car, I don’t know that I will do anything else today. I’m on vacation!!!

I pray you have a blessed weekend. Take time to give thanks for your week of blessings. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment