Sunday, September 24, 2023

 Happy Sunday morning. I’m sitting on the back patio of our rental house again this morning. It’s a little muggy because we don’t have the breeze this morning like I had on Friday morning. But my world is complete; Kate, Heather & Steph are sitting around the fire pit (fire not allowed due to burn ban) and they are visiting and enjoying being together. Steph and Chris will head back to Oklahoma this morning some time. The rest of us will be on the road before 1000 hrs tomorrow morning. Heather and John to CA and Kate and I start the drive back home. It’s been a very enjoyable vacation with the exception of Kate feeling constantly sick. She hasn’t left the house because of nausea. It’s caused by the dang super strong antibiotics that she has to take. Bless her heart. But —- she says she has thoroughly enjoyed the visit. 

Yesterday the four of us went to the Texas Ranger memorial. It as interesting. I guess the thing that I really  found interesting is the high number of Texas Rangers that were killed in the line of duty over the years. From there I had them drop me off back at the house  and they went to downtown Fredericksburg and walked around and looked at the shops. I don’t know that they bought anything and it was a hot day to be doing that. Later they came back to the house and we sat around until it was about supper time and then we went looking for a good meal. 

I had hoped to find a good Chicken fried steak someplace so we went on line and found a place that was supposed to “have the best chicken fried steak in Texas”. We got there and it was so loud and the line was long so we walked one down the street and found another place. But —- they only had chicken fried chicken and not steak. We settled for that and it was delicious. 

Today I want to go to a Wildflower Seed store and look around. I’m thinking that I want to turn one of my raised beds into a wild flower bed instead of raising any garden next year. So I want to buy a mixture of wildflower seeds to plant in there. After that we are going to a winery tasting and then petting a rhino. What can I say, I’m a wild child. LOLOLOL. 

In a couple of hours, I’ll watch Pastor Art as he conduct the worship service at St. Lucas. 

That’s it; have a blessed Sunday. Take time to talk with God today. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment