Friday, September 15, 2023

 It’s ne’er a dull moment around our house. Today I’m sitting in a hospital room with Ms. Kate. I told you she had to go for a CT Scan with contrast yesterday morning. Well, her doctor got the results back and called her and told her to go to the emergency room. We did around 3:30 yesterday afternoon. We were in the ER for 3.5 hours but they finally assigned her a room. I went home as they wheeled her up to her room. They are treating her for a diverticulitis infection. She can’t have anything to eat or drink until my tomorrow morning. They are giving her very strong antibiotics. She has a leak in her colon and they are hoping that these drugs will close it. If not, they will have to do surgery to repair. So, I’m asking for prayers for her. 

I came up here this morning at 0800. I eventually went down stairs for breakfast. I didn’t want to eat anything in front of her and have her even smell it. That would not have been kind. 

The trip next week is still on until we are sure we can’t make it. If we can’t, Heather & John and Steph and Chris can certainly still use the rental.

That’s it in our exciting world. Hope things are better in yours. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment